CNN’s Cat Deeley takes a look at the creative engine behind one of the largest animation studios, DreamWorks Animation.
Edith Cooper, Global Head of Human Capital says that the firm looks for academic excellence in candidates, as well as for curiosity and leadership skills.
CNN’s Matt Rivers got to spend a day at Shanghai Disneyland and see how the company is making its theme park experience more relevant for Chinese visitors.
For most, it is important to spend time around and engaged with other people. In social groups and at work, by surrounding ourselves with colleagues, family members and associates who challenge us to think and move outside our comfort zone, we find we can improve our habits and learn new things. Of course, much of life’s biggest joys and most lasting memories stem from our relationships, and in times like these, those can become absent, strained or even strange.
And some say too much “people time” might also be a bad thing. Our digital devices often make us feel like we need to be connected 24/7. All of the noise, activity, constant contact and hustle can wear us out and, ironically, can leave some feeling lonelier than ever. If our electronics are all we have right now to get our work done and stay in touch, truly disconnecting during this isolation may become even more important.
While we may not all be enjoying the global forced cloistering we find ourselves in today, let us
A ransomware attack targeting organizations, businesses and hospitals is spreading across about 100 countries.
1. Unconquerable – you will not allow yourself to be beaten, vanquished or overcome. You will pursue every goal with the belief and unquenchable conviction they will be achieved, no matter the obstacles. You will have victory.
2. Invulnerable – remain immune to mental attack. Train your mind to be mentally impregnable. Self doubt and negativity are non-existent in someone who has an indomitable spirit.
3. Self-confident – you have a healthy belief in your abilities. You respect yourself and others. You have a rock-solid personal constitution. You project a calm, focused, no-nonsense attitude when it comes to setting goals and getting results.
4. Initiative – you are always proactive. You have the motivation and energy to endure. You make sacrifices. You know what must be done, and you take the appropriate action to ensure success without compromise.
5. Focus – you must center yourself and design where you spend your efforts. Master negativ
See if that IKEA sofa will really fit in your living room. Bring ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ to life in your playroom. CNN Tech’s Laurie Segall takes a look at the augmented reality apps coming to Apple’s iPhone and iPad.
Fugitive and former auto magnate Carlos Ghosn tells CNN Business about his escape from Japan and his quest to “clear his name.” #CNNBusiness
The greatest key to make massive performance gains in disruptive times like these is to look for trouble then confront it, to overcome obstacles, to navigate new mental terrain, accommodating and adapting to change, and then eliminating or at least limiting any behavior that stands between you and goal achievement.
Things like COVID represent a serious anti-success issue and yet give us time to improve areas of underperformance that warrant ruthless examination. Let’s get busy embracing this idea that what stands in the way, becomes the way.
Obstacles come to instruct, not destruct. All great success in your life will come by facing vexing problems and overcoming them with a potent cocktail of creativity, focus, and courage. Challenges are the common threads woven through all great lives. They are present to teach us to get where we must go by carving a new path. As Benjamin Franklin wrote, “Things which hurt, instruct.” Consider what you could do differently, right now, t
Will Elon Musk’s boldest projects ever come to fruition? See the timeline he’s set out for space tourism, robotaxis and more.